Saturday, August 25, 2012

Intro to my DREADLOCKS


I've decided to document the progress of my dreadlock journey, in hopes of it being an inspiration to myself as well as others. I figure it would be a good way to note personal trial and error, and if this set doesn't work out, I'll have a better idea of what not to do with my next set.(Really) Dreadlocks are Soo for me! I have been "a loose" natural since 2001, but since 'locking, the love for my hair and freedom in style choice has reached record heights!!!   
With dreadlocks, my hair and I are finally compatible....can I say that? .....well, it's true!


 Here's a glimpse of where I started.The last time I put a comb to this scalp was on the night of Dec. 28, 2011. I started my DIY locs  with combcoils, using ECOStyler olive oil gel.
See how the back of my hair was fighting the product? lol
 I started with 123 locs (oh yes I counted, I had a  lot  of time on my hands and I simply couldn't keep my fingers out of my hair :)Somewhere along the way, I started really digging thick and chunky locs, and I decided to combine in my  4th month. Boy was I glad I did!! My final count was 50 even. Although I still have a few supermodels in the mix, my full-figured favs make them almost impossible to spot. hehe! I've also included some artsy photos of my thick locs, Enjoy!


BTW, I am 7 months into my loc journey, and approaching 5 months into my pregnancy journey, I am so grateful to God:)

1 comment:

  1. I really wish you'd come back. I'd love to see what you look like now, hear how you've progressed both in your hair journey and your spirituality. In any event, blessings to you wherever you're at. :) <3

    ReplyDelete